In the past Marina di Campo was a small fishing
village, part of the Campo nell'Elba municipality. Campo
nell'Elba became independant from the Marciana Marina municipality
in 1894 and still today the local coat of arms (the tower)
reminds these anciant times.
Thanks to its long (2 km) and
sandy beach, tourism developped faster than in other villages
of Elba and today Marina di Campo is the principal tourist
town of the island.
Marina di Campo is caracterized by the old, historical village
at the end of the gulf, behind the small harbour, and the
long sandy beach with having at its shoulders a beautiful
pine tree forest.